A number of bug fixes have been applied to MEX V15 released on the 16th of July 2019.
In this release we enabled the parameter @ContactID for KPI data source filters on the MEX Dashboard. This allows you to design KPIs which are filtered towards the currently logged in user.
Take a look at our release video below to get some further insight into the enhancements and bug fixes included in this new build.
Summary of Bug Fixes
Some of the bug fixes for this release include:
- We start with our continuous efforts to improving the performance of MEX. We have fixed the issue when working within a listing, where expanding a large amount of data has been causing resource issues on the web server.
- When administering users, we have ensured that you can now convert a Contractor, Supplier or Employee into a Mex User without any issues. Allowing for effective account management.
- A few fixes went into the Stores module of this build. Starting with adding catalogue items to a new Supplier using the Catalogue Selection on the Purchase Order Items tab. MEX will pull all data through to the Purchase Order Line correctly.
- When a Requisition is created from a Standard Job PM or Inspection, all notifications associated with this will be sent out as well.
- Moving onto Replenishing Stock, MEX now takes the Preferred Supplier as a priority, especially when two or more Suppliers are assigned to the one Catalogue item.
- Ensuring our customers can easily customise their system is a great strength of MEX. You can now add custom fields to the custom tab of the Asset Register using God Mode. Allowing you to capture even more information against your assets.
- Staying with the Asset Register, Assets that have Catalogue Items set as their site no longer cause issues when trying to rename or move the Asset.
- PM Scheduler now shows all additional columns added through Add Listing Columns as expected.
- Documents that are added through Drag and Drop are saved properly, regardless of the sort applied to the listing and ensuring no documents are overwritten.
Please refer to the Client Release Notes in the MEX User Portal for a full list of Bug Fixes and Enhancements.
MEX User Portal
Please note that for those MEX users already on V15 an auto update should have already taken place. Please check the About MEX option in the Hamburger Menu in MEX to confirm that this update has occurred or you can check for updates in MEX V15. All users on older versions of MEX will need to visit the user portal to upgrade their system.
If you have any questions please contact MEX Support on email@example.com or call us on +61 7 3392 4777