Here at MEX, we have been working hard on releasing the latest build of MEX 15 and MEX Mobile and have some exciting new enhancements to announce.
As part of our commitment to security, we conducted our annual penetration testing, leading to essential updates and improvements. Enhancements include:
- Strengthened User Login Procedures and Reset Password Functionality
- Improved Administrator Security Options
- Enhanced API Credential Verification
- jQuery Platform Upgrades
- Improved Token Management
For more information about this Pen Test please check out the 2023 Penetration Test Results article.
There have also been several bug fixes that have gone into this release.
- Validation has been improved when detecting identical Asset Numbers and importing Readings.
- Fuel Imports correctly create Readings for Assets listed in the import.
- Running the “Activator Now” option with “Repeat for PMs with Interval less than the Lead Time” set to false will generate the correct Work Orders.
- The MEX Activator now uses the correct Due Start Date for Work Orders in Reading based policies.
- When Requests are added to existing Work Orders, their documents are correctly copied
- Work Order Trade duration field is no longer cleared out when tabbing between certain
- Auditing has been included for any changes made on the Inspection details page.
- Photos from Asset Audit Inspections can no longer be deleted after the audit has been approved and closed.
- Catalogue Selector no longer shows up multiple times when selecting an item that resides in multiple Stores for a Requisition.
- All Performance issues relating to the Invoice Match Listing, especially with customers that have a lot of Requisitions has now been rectified.
- Store Item QR Code Report has been updated to suit 24mm x 100mm labels.
- Setting the Force Logout value in Control Files will now validate correctly when trying to enter a value less than 10 minutes.
- Date formats on scheduled tasks have been rectified.
- Global Search now displays Asset names correctly.
Several other bugs have also been fixed in the Assets, Reports, Readings, MEX Ops, Contacts and more. For a detailed breakdown of these fixes please refer to the release notes found on the MEX User Portal or in the MEX User Guide.
If you have automatic updates checked then the upgrading process will be just as you guessed it – automatic! Otherwise, you will have to contact MEX Support for details on performing the manual upgrade.
If you have any questions, or any issues please get in contact with our support department at email@example.com or call +61 7 3392 4777 and they will be more than happy to help you out.
What's new in MEX - June