A number of bug fixes have been applied to MEX V15 released on the 4th of September 2018.
In this release we have rolled Scheduled tasks into the MEX Web server. What this means is that Scheduled tasks now utilize the MEX 15 engine to generate reports and run the activator. MEX 15 Scheduled Tasks no longer use the Windows Task Scheduler, instead the scheduled tasks are saved in the MEX database and executed through MEX.
In July, we introduced God Mode as well as additional features that will further strengthen security in MEX. Further enhancements have been put in place to strengthen the passwords in MEX where additional security measures force users adhere to strict password requirements and to reset their Passwords every X number of days.
Take a look at our release video below to get some more insight into the enhancements and bug fixes included in this new build.
Summary of Bug Fixes
Some of the bug fixes for this release include:
- Asset Numbers greater than 25 characters can now be entered when duplicating Assets.
- When clicking the Search button in rapid succession in the Asset Search Listing it will no longer return duplicate result sets in the listing.
- Adding a Work Order Spare Catalogue Item on the fly with greater than 25 characters no longer causes issues.
- When opening the Details of a History Work Order the Done Reading no longer tries to override itself when closing the details unless the user has updated it.
- After an Asset is removed from a PM it is no longer re-added when opening up the Asset and editing its details. It will be added back to corresponding PM’s of the Asset
- God Mode will only be seen by Administrator users (Users who are not attached to any security groups).
- Security applied to Requests in MEX now applies to the MEX Ops app as well.
- You can now use Forgotten Password and Reset Password functionality when encryption is turned on.
- When Encryption is turned on you can now login as expected after the User’s time out expires.
- When a user is assigned to a Region from within the Region Setup they can now only see Regions they are a part of in the Change Region drop down.
- Creating a Catalogue with a “+” in the name no longer causes issues when turning Last Numbers on in the Stores Control Files.
- Purchase Order Listing performance issue introduced with some customers in Build 74 has been rectified.
- New Permit Type details with a long name are now saved to the Database correctly.
- Information entered into existing PM Permits are now saved correctly.
- When search is used on the Assets Tab in the Region Setup it will no longer cause issues when trying to expand out the Asset Tree.
- When Importing Fuel Hours and Km readings import as expected in whatever order you specify.
- Duplicate Import/Exports have now been removed from the database.
- Inspection Details custom field tab now shows correctly in “Edit Custom Fields”.
Please refer to the Client Release Notes in the MEX User Portal for a full list of Bug Fixes and Enhancements.
MEX User Portal
Please note that for those MEX users already on V15 an auto update should have already taken place. Please check the About MEX option in the Hamburger Menu in MEX to confirm that this update has occurred or you can check for updates in MEX V15. All users on older versions of MEX will need to visit the user portal to upgrade their system.
If you have any questions please contact MEX Support on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +61 7 3392 4777